Saturday, November 19, 2011

Loan Modification and Mortgage Abuse.

Ensuring That Your Bank is Working with You

If you believe that your bank has not appropriately responded to your requests for assistance, you may request that the regulator with appropriate jurisdiction review the bank’s actions to ensure that the financial institution has followed regulations designed to protect consumers.
Most large national banks are regulated by the federal government, to determine which federal agency has authority over your lender or loan servicer, visit:
Smaller lenders may be regulated by the State of California. To determine which state agency has authority over your lender or loan servicer visit: Home Loan Regulator Search

Reporting Mortgage Fraud or Abuse

There is never a fee to get assistance or information about Making Home Affordable from your lender or a Dept. of Housing and Urban Development approved housing counselor. Beware of any person or organization that asks you to pay a fee in exchange for housing counseling services or modification of a delinquent loan. Never submit your mortgage payments to anyone other than your mortgage company without their approval.
To learn more about loan fraud and how to report suspicious activity visit:
Additional information is located at 
You may also report suspicious activity to the California Department of Justice. Information about the DOJ’s response to housing fraud is located at their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment